Hello Tuesday! I’m in New York for the holidays for the next week and I managed to be able to pack all my stuff into one carry-on suitcase! I decided to share my tips and tricks in order to make sure you can fit all your things into just a carry-on + personal bag.
- Outfit plan: I always make sure to plan out my outfits (or at least most of them) to ensure I don’t over pack. Also, if you pack staple pieces, you can mix and match outfits for different days without having too many clothes. This also ensures you don’t pack too many shoes (which is always my problem).
- Get a travel jewelry case: mine rolls up and has 4 different interior compartments, it makes so I can take all my rings with me (I have about 10 I take with me), two pairs of earrings, 4 necklaces, 3 watches and 3 bracelets, with extra room for more. Mine was gifted to me by my Nana but this one is similar.
- The perfect suitcase: I love my London Fog carry on bag! It has room on both sides to pack my stuff as well as a middle zipper compartment where I store all my toiletries and hair styling tools. Also, the cute houndstooth print makes it super cute and easy to find in an overhead bin!
- Travel size toiletries: I make sure I have all my go-to toiletries in travel size. You never know when you’re going to be on a last minute trip so I recommend having back ups ready to go. Plus, my favorite hair spray from Fave4, texture takeover, is almost always sold out in the travel size so I always stock up on that when they have it on their site!
- Good headphones: I need something to drown out the noise on the airplane and my Frends headphones are perfect for that! I have the Taylor headphones in rose gold but they also have a smaller version and ear buds. And, now their new ones have so many different colors and covers for the outside, they’re so fashionable!
- The perfect personal bag: For us girls I love a good tote bag! It fits my computer, my jewelry case (which I always put in my personal bag, never my carry-on and definitely never my checked bag), my phone charger, headphones, and a good book! For the guys I recommend a good backpack!
- Putting the puzzle together: Packing the actual suitcase itself is like putting together the pieces of a puzzle. You have to strategically place each item to ensure it all fits. I like to start with my shoes, then I add in my jeans, and lastly I put in my shirts and undergarments. For my shirts, I tend to roll them to make sure more of them fit when I’m gone for longer periods of time.
And that’s it! Those are my tips and tricks to efficiently packing a carry-on suitcase! Shop everything in the picture below:
Thanks for stopping by! XO