Happy Thursday guys! There’s an awesome giveaway at the end of this post so don’t miss it! I dyed my hair blonde about six weeks ago and I had no idea how damaging that really was for your hair. My hair seems so thin, dry, brittle, and damaged. I pretty much wanted to cry because it was breaking left and right! My hair stylist in LA also happens to be my neighbor (he wasn’t the one to color my hair, I got it done when I was home in Chicago) so when I saw him in the hall I asked him if I was going to have to chop it all off. He told me I needed to give it some TLC for it to get stronger and I’d be good. After hearing that, I spent a ton of money trying to figure out the best products to give my hair life again. Luckily I was able to find some!
Giving your hair TLC requires using products in the shower, after the shower before blow drying and styling, and then after you’re done. They have pretty much been my life savor! It may seem like a lot, but there really isn’t.
In the shower:
In order to make your color and tone of blonde last in between visits to the salon, it’s important to use a purple shampoo and conditioner. I use mine once a week to once every two weeks. A good purple shampoo and conditioner is key. The Unite BLONDA collection is perfect and won’t break the bank. I got the bundle of the two for about $33 on amazon! You also have to deep condition your hair! The bumble and bumble hair masque is something I use once a week after washing my hair. I leave it in for ten minutes and rinse. Do not use it more than once or week or it will be worse for your hair! After just using this hair masque once I immediately text my best friend Morgan (also known as @fashionfriesx) raving about how amazing my hair felt!
Before Blow Drying And Styling:
I know it may seem like this is a lot of product to put in your hair, but trust me, it isn’t! They’ve never weighed my hair down or made it greasy.
- I start out by putting it’s a 10 potion 10 miracle instant repair leave-in. I spray it all over my head and give one final spray to my ends before brushing the product through my hair.
- I then put about a dime size of Fave4 had me at hibiscus summer hair oil in from around the middle of my hair to my ends. This stuff smells AMAZING and quenching my ends which desperately need it!
- Next up is Moroccan Oil’s smooth lotion. Since my hair was breaking so much I would have random pieces sticking out everywhere. A dime size amount of this stuff run throughout your entire head helps smooth out the look of everything while also protecting your hair!
- I then wait for my hair to air dry at least 50% of the way before my next product. Letting it air dry also limits the amount of heat necessary for your hair which means less damage. Right before blow drying it apply bumble and bumbles mending complex to the front pieces around my face and my ends.
- Since I section off my hair while blow drying it, I also give a quick spray of it’s a 10 miracle shine spray AFTER that section is dry. I always style my hair with either a straightener or a curling iron after blowing it dry so this gives my hair some added shine and protects it from the heat of my styling tools!
Use After Blow Drying:
I’ve found that not washing my hair as often has helped as well. I’m now the queen of showering with a shower cap on! In order to make my hair not look as greasy in between washes, I’ve found the products I use to style my hair make a huge difference.
- Dry Shampoo: a girls best friend right here! You have to find the right one for you but I’ve loved my it’s a 10 miracle dry shampoo and conditioner in one. Make sure you shake your dry shampoo before spraying it in your hair or it won’t work!
- Fave4 Workable Wear: I spray this before I curl my hair and its the bomb.com! It gives my hair the hold it needs, without being crunchy and my curls last for days! Curling my hair definitely extends how long I can go before needed to wash my hair. I usually only wash it about 2 maybe 3 times a week max!
- Fave4 Texture Takeover: THE BEST PRODUCT YOU COULD EVER OWN! Jessie James Decker swears by it and I literally buy it in bulk! Texture spray helps with those beachy waves, but not only does this texture spray give you big hair don’t care, it also helps reduce the oils in your hair, similar to dry shampoo!
- The WetBrush: I use mine more that just when my hair is wet because it helps detangle my hair and I don’t feel like its pulling too much of my hair out in the process
- Biotin: I take biotin every single day. It’s a vitamin that makes your hair and nails healthy. It takes a few weeks to notice a difference but it does work!
So there are my miracle products that have brought my hair back to life! Shop them below:
Now…it’s time for a fabulous giveaway!
I’ve teamed up with an amazing group of bloggers
to give YOU a chance to win:
$550 in PayPal Cash!
Simply enter below by completing the rafflecopter.
You’ll receive one entry per completion.
This giveaway is open internationally and runs until 9/15.
Winner will be announced here. Good Luck!