It’s Friday! Today’s Friday Five post is all about the five must have women’s sneaker styles you need to know about. I never used to be one for sneakers, I’m more of a high heels at least 5 inches tall kinda gal. I guess thats what being 5 foot 1 will do to you. But lately, I find myself starting to be a bit of a sneaker head. Yup, you heard it here first, I’m willing to not buy heels in order to buy sneakers (sound the alarms, my mom won’t believe you if you tell her)! With sneakers being a super hot trend right now, I’ve decided to share the five types of sneakers you need right now!
- Low tops: These are your classic all star white converse, your adidas superstars or stan smiths. Pictured above is my go-to low top, my converse. I’ve worn them with jeans, shorts, rompers, skirts, dresses etc. These type of sneakers are surprisingly versatile! I’m currently crushing on the adidas stan smiths and the adidas superstars (and will be adding them to my closet shortly).
- High tops: High tops are similar to my above pictures go-to converse but go up higher around your ankle. They’re just as versatile as the low tops. If you’re going to purchase a pair of high top sneakers I suggest converse, or vans (also love these vans).
- Athletic: When I say athletic, I don’t mean your nike running shoes that you’re wearing to the gym. I’m referring to the sneakers you throw on the run errands in or that you’ll throw on with a leather jacket for the “athleisure” trend that Kendal Jenner is constantly rocking! I love these metallic Nike Air Max’s, these New Balance, and these Nike Free’s!
- Slip On: The easiest type of sneakers to have! Super easy to put on and take off and come in the cutest patterns! My favorites right now can be found here, here and here!
- Wedge: My favorite part of heels is how they elongate my legs, well combine the perks of heels with sneakers and you have the sneaker wedge! Most aren’t as high as regular heels, about 2-3 inches and perfect to look comfy but be a little bit taller! I love these, these and these!
And, to make it easier, shop all of the sneakers I’ve linked below:
Thanks for stopping by! XO